July 23, 2018
It is mid-July and the rains have finally been quenching the thirst in our area. While we have escaped Colorado wildfires, for now, the threat is still out there. Please be careful and follow our Fire Restriction Bans.
Telluride is thriving and bustling this July. If you are an owner of a home in Telluride and would like to rent your home out for the month of July (or any time), please contact us at Accommodations in Telluride, 970-728-4831. We have many property management programs that may fit your needs.
There are many more events still to come this Summer. From the Mushroom Festival to the world-famous Telluride Film Festival, and the summer crown jewel, Telluride Blues and Brews Festival, we truly do have an event for everyone. Check out the summer schedule at this link: Telluride Summer Festivals.
The wildflowers have been bursting with the new rainfalls. If you are out and about, you really can’t miss a photo opportunity. Your friends will be jealous and want to come with you next summer!
We have compiled some useful information for trip to Telluride. Starting with all of our favorite restaurants and Top Staff Picks!
Chop Houseat the Sheridan – The best steak in town! Right at the corner of the San Miguel County Court House, great for people watching. Impeccable service!
Allred’s Restaurant– At the top of gondola serving Contemporary American faire. And the views are endless of the Town of Telluride and Mountain tops! Well worth the money just for that sunset view or the raging blizzard outside the massive windows.
Tomboy Tavern– At the base of Lift 4. Great burgers and comfort food. Located right in the core of Mountain Village, it is also a great place to watch sports. Get inspired and then go DO the sports! You are in Telluride after all.
Black Iron Kitchen and Bar– Hotel Madeline. Great for Après Ski. Fire tables outside will keep it all cozy even in the winter!
Floradora Saloon– Best spot for Brunch. On Telluride’s Main Street. Small outdoor seating for the best local experience.
Brown Dog Pizza– Best Pizza in town. Award winning Detroit style pizza. This is a great place for the family or the sports fans who want to celebrate their team or commiserate!
Poacher’s Pub– Mountain Village core superb locals’ dive bar! Great bar grub, too!
221 South Oak– Chef Eliza Gavin, of Bravo’s Top Chef creates a fresh and locally sourced menu that is sure to please any palate! The intimate restaurant is located steps from the gondola.
Lamarmotte– A local favorite featuring French cuisine and an extensive wine list. Located right next to the Ice House hotel and steps from the gondola.
Do you need to ship some gear prior to arrival? Use High Country Shipping. This local company will deliver to your unit and pick it up be reshipped home to you. Follow this link for exclusive AIT discounts.
Do you need to schedule shuttlesfor your stay? Once you get to Telluride, you will not need a car. Follow this link to all our transportation partners.
Follow this link for a detailed map of the Town of Telluride.
Telluride made its mark on the map because of the amazing ski terrain. Many perceived this as an expert ski area, but with all the new improvements over the years, we really do have terrain for anybody. While the skiing is superb, the summers are beckoning you to get here! Many of us came for the winters, but the summers kept us here!
After taking a quick poll of the staff here at Accommodations in Telluride, here is our list of our top 5 reasons to be in Telluride in the Summer:
1. Festivals, Duh! Our outdoor music Festivals are by far the most iconic summer events. Join us for one of the many festivals and see for yourself. The memories last forever. Unless you are at the Grand Beer Tasting Saturday of Blues and Brews. And then you might forget a few memories. Telluride Summer Festivals.
2. Hiking. Yes, we are at nosebleed altitude but after a day or two, most sea level dwellers are able to take in some of the most incredible vistas up and out of the Telluride Valley. Bring lots of water. Strap a backpack to your dog for extra water. Drink lots of water before you go. Do you sense the importance of hydration yet?
3. 4 x 4 Jeep Tours. Getting the begazes scared out of you on some of the mountain passes can make for a thrill you will never forget. Experienced tour guides can take you, or you can brave it in a jeep rental. Either way, you are in for a ride.
4. Wildflowers. You will think you have died and gone to floral heaven in the high alpine hikes. Lupines, Columbines, Bluebells, Indian Paintbrush of all colors, Monkshoods, Fairy Trumpets, and the ever-elusive Monument Plant will fill your sights with beauty at ground level. Then look up! Wow! There you are in paradise.
5. Because Telluride is just cool. Cool vibes, cool locals, and it really is cooler than where you are in the heat. Feel the natural breezes of our high mountain climate. No dripping wet from humidity here! And if it is a bit hotter than you wanted? Go jump in the lake, or the river. Chill out. You are here, the most scenic place in Colorado! Oh, what the heck, on the planet!